Sunday

Eco Wall Art


Series Background: So far there are seven pieces in my Eco Wall Art series. I originally got the idea after a failed attempt at trying to 'fix' one of my old digital cameras after its telephoto lens mechanism stopped working. However, after seeing the camera's intricate insides, I thought, why not take it completely apart and "re-cycle" its pieces to create something to remember it by instead of just throwing it away. Thus, it began, the creation of "re-cycled" materials in a series titled, ECO Wall Art. The first in the series was a collage of my old Visor by Handspring. This was created on a stretched oil canvas. Later on I started mounting them on foam-board. Then I got the idea of creating them or placing them inside box frames. After the Visor, it was old cell phones, hard drives, a couple of cameras, and finally this. Though I hope to do more in the future, it seems that my photography has taken a priority for now. Here is a list of my creations.

See All - Eco Wall Art series
Collage #001 - Handspring Visor - Series: Recycled Wall Art
Collage #002 - Olympus D-450-ZOOM - Series: Recycled Wall Art
Collage #003 - Sanyo SCP-4700 - Series: Recycled Wall Art
Collage #004 - Maxtor 80GB HDD - Series: Recycled Wall Art
Collage #005 - Pentax IQZoom - Series: Recycled Wall Art
Collage #006 - Silicon Valley - Series: Recycled Wall Art

No comments:

Post a Comment